You are here
Release v1.1 of UWSim
IRSLab is proud to announce the new release of UWSim, an open source simulator for underwater robotics integrated in ROS. These are the main improvements with respect to the previous version:
- Introduced XML configuration files for scene description
- Introduced support for URDF format. Allows to create robots from URDF files.
- Support for multiple vehicles, multiple cameras and multiple ROS interfaces
- Introduced a new intermediate frame for relating simulated to real worlds
- Example ROS interface nodes for updating vehicle and arm position.
- New and improved scenarios and 3D models
- Restructured into a ROS stack
Please check the UWSim website for more information
This is a video covering 360º of one of the example scenes: